He studied in Barcelona and Madrid. He got his Ph.D. degree in pharmacy. He was interested in the plant taxonomy and his work is showed in a plant book where he described a lot of new plant species from Spain, Morocco and Mauritania. He had a constant and good relation with a lot of Catalan botanists. He was the director of the journal called "Cavallinesia".
- Consideraciones sobre algunas curiosas plantas recogidas en Cataluña… (1896)
- Relación de plantas ibicenses (1900)
- Relación de plantas menorquinas (1901)
- Hieracios catalanes (1918)
- Una visita botànica a Mallorca (1934)